Aircon cleaning can be tricky if you do it by yourself. You’re afraid that something might break or get wet within the cleaning process. Luckily, there are many aircon cleaning professionals within the Philippines that you can ask for help.
Whether you don’t have time or just don’t want to mess with your AC, hiring an aircon cleaning professional is always the best cost. But how much does ac cleaning professional cost in the Philippines?
I’ve made a table to get the average cost of these professionals within the country. Please note that this is not 100% accurate as labor cost varies depending on your location.
|Area||Window Type AC||Split Type AC|
|Metro Manila||600 PHP||1000 PHP|
|Davao||400 PHP||800 PHP|
|Cebu||400 PHP||800 PHP|
|Batangas||500 PHP||1000 PHP|
|Laguna||500 PHP||1000 PHP|
|Cavite||500 PHP||1000 PHP|
Things to Look for When Hiring Aircon Cleaning Professional
Good job deciding to hire a professional aircon cleaner for your first aircon cleaning service. Here are things to look for when hiring a cleaning professional:
- Experience – look, there’s nothing wrong with hiring a beginner aircon cleaner as long as they know what they are doing and to give them their first cleaning job. But it is also great if you can hire a professional with tons of experience. This is to make the job shorter and easier as most beginners will take a significant amount of time.
- Reviews – always look for the reviews. Read what the other customers are saying about their work. This way, you can filter and choose the best aircon cleaner.
- Cost – check the table above for the average cleaning cost in your area. Although it is not 100% accurate, you will have an idea of how much it will cost you. Plus, know the cost upfront will give you time to think if they fit your budget.
How Do I Know if my Aircon Needs Cleaning?
Regular cleaning of your aircon varies based on your location. If you live in a dusty and dry area, then you need to have your AC cleaned at least once a month.
Most of the time, your aircon will give you signs that it needs cleaning such as:
- Bad odor – molds are the primary source of this bad odor. These molds form after your air conditioner removes excess moisture on top of cooling your room. The dust build ups also act as the food source of these molds.
- Loud noise – you ac vents might be blocked by dust. But most of the time, loud ac noises come from bent aircon fins (those grill-looking metal that looks like a car radiator at the back of your AC). If you leave these fins bent, your AC will struggle to reach the set temperature and may cause AC breakdown if left unattended.
- Blast of dust when ac started – you may already experienced this but this is an obvious sign that your ac needs cleaning. You don’t want these dusts to keep building because they will be the food source of mold. The dust and other debris can also affect the proper air flow that affects the efficiency.
- Aircon not cooling – if your aircon is not cooling, then chances are your ac is really dirty. The most obvious reason is the dirty air filter that affects the air conditioning efficiency. You might want to check 5 Easy Steps on How to Clean the Filter of Your Window Type Aircon
How Long Does it Take to Clean an Aircon?
The time spent by aircon cleaning professionals depends on the amount of work that needs to be done. If there’s not much to be cleaned, you can expect at least 30 to 60 minutes of aircon cleaning.
- Aircon Buying Guide Philippines: All You Need to Know Before Buying your First AC
- Aircon vs Electric Fan Consumption Philippines
- Here’s How You Can Save Electricity Using Aircon in the Philippines
- How Much Electricity Does an Aircon Use Philippines?
- Why You Should Buy an Airconditioner in the Philippines?