To clean your Primo water dispenser properly, you will need to gather all the materials and supplies, clean the water lines and flush the drain lines.
The Primo water dispensers offer a convenient solution for customers who want safe hot or cold water quickly.
However, these dispensers need to be cleaned fairly regularly to keep them operating efficiently, and this includes the water and drain lines. Fortunately, the preparation and cleaning process does not take too long.
About the Primo water dispensers
The Primo brand is centred on providing safer, cleaner drinking water through their products. The Primo water dispensers offer a convenient way for customers to dispense this cooler water on a daily basis.
The Primo water dispensers consistently have high customer ratings on sites like Amazon and BestBuy and customers are impressed with the ease in which you can switch out the water bottles and the sleek and quiet design of the dispensers.
How to clean a Primo water dispenser
These Primo water dispensers options are available for purchase on Amazon
Regardless of the exact Primo water dispenser model that you have, you will need to clean this water dispenser system from time to time.
Whenever you have a system where there is water and pipes in shadowy places, there is a danger that mould, mildew and other bacteria will grow.
It can be dangerous to ingest this mould, mildew and bacteria, which is why it is important that you clean your water dispenser regularly.
Primo suggests that their water dispensers should be cleaned every three to four months. This will also help to get rid of any unpleasant smells and tastes lingering in your system.
The entire cleaning process will only take about 30 minutes and can be divided into the preparation stage, where you gather all of the supplies you will need.
Then you will have the water phase, where you clean out the water lines and the drain phase, where you flush out the drains of your system.
How to prepare to clean your Primo water dispenser
The first step to clean your Primo water dispenser is usually to gather all of the supplies that you will need throughout the process.
Since the cleaning happens fairly quickly, it is best to have all of the supplies close by, so that you are not slowed down during other stages of the cleaning process. During this process, you will need the following supplies and materials:
- One empty 5 gallon water bottle to put the cleaning solution in
- Two tablespoons of bleach or two cups of distilled white vinegar
- An empty gallon bucket
- A Phillips head screwdriver
These items are available for purchase on Amazon
Once you have gathered all the supplies and materials needed for the process, you can begin cleaning your Primo water dispenser.
How to clean the water lines in your Primo water dispenser
When you begin with the actual cleaning part of the process, it is important that you turn all of the energy-saving switches off and unplug the cord from the outlet. Then, you will need to complete the following steps in order to clean the water lines properly:
- Step 1: Fill the extra empty water bottle that you have with about two gallons of warm tap water and then add the bleach and white vinegar to this water
- Step 2: Pull your water dispenser away from the wall
- Step 3: Remove the water bottle that you currently have in your dispenser
- Step 4: Place the bucket underneath the taps at the front of the dispenser and use these taps to dispense any remaining water from the system
- Step 5: Connect your extra bottle with the cleaning solution to your water dispenser
- Step 6: Wait for the reservoir to fill and then let the cleaning solution lay in the alter lines for another 10 minutes
- Step 7: Place the bucket under the taps again and flush the system until the cleaning solution bottle is empty
How to clean the drain lines in your Primo water dispenser
Then, you can remove this cleaning solution bottle and fill it with another two gallons of warm tap water, before connecting it to the system again. Then, you will need to do the following:
- Step 1: Dispense half of this water through the taps
- Step 2: Use the screwdriver to remove the drain plug cap from the back of the unit
- Step 3: Unplug the drain and let the remaining water flush through the drain and into the bucket
You can then remove this empty bottle, place the drain plug cap back on and connect a new bottle to your Primo water dispenser.